Friday, December 30, 2011

A Year In Music 2011

Wow what a year it has been for great music, finally!!!! I fell in love with so many new artists and rediscovered my love for past artists. I am going to give my likes and hey maybe you will learn to love some new music threw me. Some I have listened to in the past but fell more in love with them this year or some I just tuned in. Music should be spread and shared by many. It helps us get through our day,struggles,emotions. It helps us when we want to party or be sad. Their are many roles and as someone who owns way too many cd's to count and has been to uncountable numbers of concerts I am a hardcore music lover so lets begin......


                                                     Female Artists- that I listened to this year

Adele- Ok we all know her, and you either hate her or love her. Her voice is nothing but pour soul. Both her albums are truly amazing and I can relate to her emotions on so many levels. You may cry or you may be happy when you listen to her. You may get weak or you may gain strength but this woman has an amazing set of vocal cords and I can't wait for her next album. Recommended tunes:
  • Hometown Glory
  • Chasing Pavements
  • That's it, I quit, I'm moving on
  • Melt my heart to stone
  • turning tables
  • don't you remember
  • Last Nite- Stroke Cover
  • Rolling in the Deep

Christina Perri- her single  Jar of hearts came out even before the album did and it blew up. Her 1ist album then came out and even got a single on the Breaking Dawn soundtrack. I love her voice,lyrics, ans spirit. Recommended tunes:
  • A Thousand Years
  • Arms
  • Jar of Hearts
  • bang bang bang

Duffy- I never listened to her much, but I am so into her now! Recommended tunes:
  • Breaking my own heart
  • Fool For You
  • I'm Scared **
  • Rain on Your Parade
  • Rockferry
  • Serious
  • Warwick Avenue
  • Smoke Without Fire

Ingrid Michaelson-  I never listened to her much, but I am so into her now! Recommended tunes:
  • You and I
  • Be Ok
  • Locked Up
  • Breakable

Lana Del Ray- amazing. Video Games is her new single


Lykke Li- discovered her on a Twilight soundtrack and I listened to so much of her music over the
past few months and she is amazing. Recommend tunes:
  • Paris Blue
  • Possibility
  • Window Blues


Nicki Minaj- a female rocker with a crazy style


Rihanna - stronger and better than ever


Yael Naim- amazing. Recommended tunes:
  • New Soul
  • Lonely
  • Paris
  • Far Far


                                                    Male Artists- that I listened to this year

Alexander - Making his solo album from Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, he is brilliant with a folk/pop./bluegrass sound. Recommended tunes:
  • Truth
  • Glimpses
  • In the Twilight
  • Bad Bad Love

Amos Lee- amazing


Brett Dennen- this artist I am in love. he has a strong voice and tells amazing stories.Recommenced tunes
  • Who do you think you are
  • Wrong about me **
  • Can't stop thinking
  • She's mine

Jason Reeves- amazing. Recommenced tunes:
  • Photographs and Memories
  • Beautiful
  • Sticks and Stones

Matt Nathanson- always been my favorite singer for 9 years now and his new albums blew me away


Matthew Barber - amazing


Patrick Stump - first solo album coming off of Fall Out Boy and it is amazing with its unique beats and sounds


                                     Bands/Groups I listened to a lot this year

Bear Lake

Bedouin Soundclash

Bon Iver- WONDERFUL new discovery

Bruno Mars

City and Colour/Dallas Green

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros- CHECK THEM OUT!!!!!!

Florence and the Machine - the last album and the new album are wonderful

Foster the People

Gym Class Heroes

Kings of Leon

The Local Natives

Mumford and Sons- BEYOND AMAZING

One Republic


                                                            Rediscovered Artists

Alicia Keys

Beyonce

Britany Spears- She came back better than ever this yr

Kelly Clarkson- So strong and powerful and not giving a shit what people think!

Coldplay- Their new album is beyond amazing

Gavin Degraw- His new album is wonderful

Lady Gaga- hit after hit after hit after hit

The Smiths

Maroon 5- Can't ever stop loving Adam Levine and the boys

Any 50's/60's/70's/80's music!

No comments:

Post a Comment