Friday, December 23, 2011

Things that made me smile this week

This week I found a lot of things I enjoyed looking at online. I think every Friday I would like to share some things I have found on the Internet throughout the week and share them with you. Lets get started.

This week I got amazing news. I had visited a large animal exotic sanctuary 2 years ago and it has been my dream to work there esp. since they are really the only sanctuary in MI. It is about a hr and 15 min from me, but worth the drive. I can not get a paid position there because it is government funded and they can't pay.....but I got accepted as a volunteer(yes there is a process just to be accepted as a volunteer  because past animal work/history is not required, but an advantage/important)  I officially start the first weekend of January. I will be feeding and cleaning enclosures, and possibly doing medical checks for animals such as bears,tigers,lions,reptiles,birds, horses, monkeys, etc. I am beyond excited about this, it is my dream job. I don't care that I am not getting paid, that it will be freezing outside, or that it is a far drive. It will be an amazing opportunity,look great on my resume, and benefit me tremendously. Here are some photos from the sanctuary. These are not my photos, although I have many, but ones from their Facebook website page. Donations always accepted and appreciated!


                                                              How cute is this guy!?!?



                                                                            Eeeeek!!



           Here are some funny and precious animals that put a smile on my face this week




What an amazing creature!!!
                                                                   Love this face!
                                                             
                                                                         Best friends.......


         
                                  Look at these precious babies!!!! ahhh toooo cute!

                                                                         Oooops! FAIL

So no, I do not have babies on the brain, far from it. But I miss my niece and nephew so instead I substitute my missing them by enjoying my friends children! I enjoying hearing about their kids,seeing photos,etc. Still does not make me change my mind of wanting a child, but my friends sure do make beautiful babies!

                      My counselor,her husband, and their daughter. This was taken last winter
           
                                A little Polish girl,friend of a friend. How beautiful is she?!

     Of course, I can't share photos unless I include my favorites- my niece and nephew

                                Another little polish princess,my friends daughter Amelia

                                         This is my friends first newborn son Nathan.
                                Best Christmas card/birth announcement I have seen!
 
                                                   My girl Sarah and her daughter Emma

                                                  My friends beautiful daughter Cedella


                                                Now onto the style section for the week........

                                  I am in love with this hair cut and the color is amazing!

                         Wearing lots of braclets- trending. I wish I could pull this look off

Romi Klinger modeling part of her designer line. I am in love with this. It is a  Native Collar  adding Individuality to any outfit. Measuring approximately 31.5inches, this stand out piece features black leather with a patterned fabric trim and black chain fringe.


                                         Easy and cheap way to decorate for the holidays!


Love this!Longhorn Boot Harness, measuring 9.1-9.8inches, features peach and white chains with a copper tone ring and horn charm.


HAIR
So as I have posted before I love Romi Klingers style and hair (AS YOU CAN EVEN SEE SHE IS IN SOME POSTS/PICS TODAY). I made an attempt to do my hair once again like hers. I have been rocking the "Mohawk/fohawk" since September and I love it. This time I decided to go shorter. Almost buzzed on the sides, long on the top, and giving me 2 ways to wear it.Here are 2 examples of her hair and then examples of mine. I got it cut last night but still got to play around with it!
         
                                                                               ROMI
ME

                                Quotes and phrases that made me laugh and smile this week






                                                             My favorite one this week :)



                            
                          Photos (that are beautiful in my eyes) that I spotted this week

                                                                   Black Vulture

                                                                  Downtown Chicago

                                         A picture of the snow fall my friend took in TEXAS

                      
                    Vintage classic old photos shared by a marine of his father in WWII.

                                    How beautiful and romantic is this !?
And I do believe that is all I have. I hope some of these simple things made you smile also or gave you something to look at for a few minutes. I wish all you out there in blog land a wonderful holiday weekend. Be safe and enjoy your holiday weekend however you choose to spend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment